Monday, April 27, 2015

Weekending Vol. 2

The end of the semester is a crazy time! I just have this week of classes then a week of finals before I'm on summer break! But summer won't really be a break for me. I'll be spending my summer working at a preschool, which I'm so excited for, but it will definitely be a challenge. I'll also hopefully be doing some fun things, so that's what will end up here. But to catch up on my weekend:

This past Saturday was VolleyRock, an all day volleyball competition on my campus. I didn't play, but my boyfriend's/friends' team got out waaayyy before they would have liked, so that changed the day. We spend the afternoon exploring our college's woods, playing frisbee, and canoeing! It was actually a lot of fun. We ended the night playing Mario Party. Game nights are a regular occurrence with this group, so it was definitely a fun way to spend the day.

 Sunday, our church had a breakfast to celebrate the seniors. Definitely a bittersweet moment for me. My boyfriend is a senior and graduates in two weeks. I know he'll go on to do wonderful things and we'll be fine, but it's still a scary time. But breakfast was wonderful, but I had to step out of church early for my sorority's annual Trash Dash, where we go all over campus picking up trash, competing to see who brings back the most. It's part of our philanthropy "Inherit the Earth".

Also on Sunday was my choir concert! I'm glad to be done with choir for the year, and I'm not sure I'll be doing it again in the fall. I'm super involved on campus, so that and classes take up a lot of time. I don't know if I have the time to commit to such a wonderful group. But I did get to go to dinner with my mom, which was great! Any time I can eat off campus, I jump at the opportunity.

Sunday evening was my sororities "Senior Sendoff", where we said goodbye to our seniors who are leaving us too soon. It was sad, because it means I'm saying goodbye to my wonderful Big, but she's off to be a volunteer with the Presbyterian Church, so I know she'll be doing BIG things :).
I'm hoping I can get everything done this week and maybe find some time to relax too! Send prayers for a not too crazy few weeks!!

-Sydney Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment