Friday, July 14, 2017

Five on Friday

Today, I'm off to State College, PA for a little family reunion and the arts fest at Penn State (hoping it doesn't completely pour the whole time), but I wanted to link up with April, Christina, and Natasha for a little Five on Friday. I'd love to start making this more of a regular thing, so people, hold me accountable!

Anyway, lets get started with my Five on Friday!



One

Thursday night, I finally cooked dinner for myself for the first time in a few weeks #lazy, but I make the best roasted asparagus. I forgot to take a picture, but for anyone interested, here's what I did:

Ingredients

  • frozen asparagus (I got mine from Aldi, mainly because I never use fresh fast and it's just me) 
  • Olive Oil 
  • Salt and Pepper to taste 
  1. Pre-heat oven to 420 degrees 
  2. Cover a baking pan in foil for easy clean up. Lay out however many pieces of asparagus that you want on the pan.
  3. Drizzle with olive oil and toss a bit
  4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste
  5. Bake for about 15-20 minutes, moving around occasionally. 


This was so good, and so easy!



Two

I am obsessed with tee-shirt dresses. I found one at TJ Maxx a few weeks ago and never wanted to take it off. Thankfully, Old Navy also has a bunch of cute ones, so I had to pick a few up two weeks ago when they were having the $8 dress sale.

Swing Dress (Here) fits loose

High Neck Swing Dress (Here) Fits loose (not too many sizes or colors left) 


Three 

I have had so many issues my my Galaxy S6 Edge.  I switched from an iPhone because I wanted a change, but now, I've had more problems with my phone than ever before. I'll be getting a new phone in a few months and want to know, should I get the Google Pixel or the iPhone 7? Any opinions or reviews of each? 



Four

Over the past few months, I've fallen in love with podcasts. Right now, the only two I listen to mostly are The Happy Hour with Jamie Ivey and DAIS by Rachel Hollis of The Chic Site. Does anyone else listen to these and have suggestions for other podcasts similar? I wasn't a fan of Seriel so I'd like to stick more to like the "meet and greet" podcasts with different guests. 



Five 


I just have to share how beautiful Western PA can be in the summer. This was from last Sunday when we went out to a local park. My fiancĂ© wanted to fly his drone around so we rode out on his duel sport to a great park and found a beautiful area to fly it around it for a bit. What you don't see in this picture is that two seconds later, the battery ran out and it fell into the field with no way of figuring it out where it was (it is about the size of an adult hand) so we spent the next 10 minutes combing the field to look for it. 

Anyway, I'm off to State College and family time. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and Western PA finally dries out… maybe. 


-Sydney Liz 


No comments:

Post a Comment